$>

Thursday, July 28, 2005

iTunes "Heavy Rotation" list for July 2005

Two phenomena account for most of the changes to my listening habits this month. One is the release of the new White Stripes album, with four tracks that I totally dig; three of them made this list. (Unfortunately, it's an uneven effort overall, with a rather obvious difference between the killer and the filler.) The other is the discovery of Larry Grogan's audioblog, Funky16Corners, which is THE place to go to discover the lost treasures of the 45 era, especially if you're fond of New Orleans or Philly Soul/R&B. I've been following it for over a month, and his recommendations have failed to produce a single clunker yet. The Mable John and Radars tunes are two of his picks. I'm sure more will follow in future months.
  1. "Till I Get to You" Nikka Costa
  2. "The Denial Twist" The White Stripes
  3. "Your Good Thing (Is About to End)" Mable John
  4. "Take, Take, Take" The White Stripes
  5. "Mr. E's Beautiful Blues" The Eels
  6. "A Beautiful Morning" The Rascals
  7. "Jerk It Out" Caesars
  8. "Finger Lickin' Chicken" The Radars
  9. "Beverly Hills" Weezer
  10. "My Doorbell" The White Stripes
About this list
A smart playlist in iTunes tracks the playcounts of the songs I've added to my collection in the last 100 days. The list gives a quick peek into the music that I've recently discovered (or rediscovered).

You're encouraged to make suggestions of new stuff, or to post your own "Heavy Rotation" lists in the comments area. Nobody ever takes me up on the suggestion, but I'll just keep on asking.

Previous lists

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home