$>

Monday, February 07, 2005

iTunes "Heavy Rotation" list for February 2005

Not much change at the top of the chart this month. This month's Top Ten:
  1. "What You Waiting For" Gwen Stefani
  2. "Pressure Point" The Zutons
  3. "Fell in Love with a Boy" Joss Stone
  4. "Days of Our Lives" De La Soul
  5. "This Time" INXS
  6. "New Sacred Cow" Kenna
  7. "Tainted" Slum Village
  8. "Picture Book" Tommy Womack
  9. "My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone)" Chilliwack
  10. "Celluloid Heroes" The Kinks
The newcomers on the list this week include two very minor 80's hits (Chilliwack, INXS) and two Kinks tunes, one of which is a cover. "Tainted" is a great alt.rap song that I missed when it made its first appearance a couple years ago. And then there's the unclassifiable Kenna, who I'm only listening to because I recently read Malcolm Gladwell's Blink, which discusses him at length.

About this list
A smart playlist in iTunes tracks the playcounts of the songs I've added to my collection in the last 100 days. The list gives a quick peek into the music that I've recently discovered (or rediscovered).

You're encouraged to make suggestions of new stuff, or to post your own "Heavy Rotation" lists in the comments area.

Previous lists

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home