$>

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It shouldn't be this easy.

At dinner, the lad was presented with a bowl containing kung pao chicken.

[Lad stares at bowl and becomes nervous, agitated]
Lad: I don't want this mommy. I don't know what this is.
Mom: It's yummy pasta.
Pasta is a fave. we call a lot of things pasta. It's marketing. Or a bait-n-switch scam.
Lad: Have I had this before?
Mom: Sure did.
A total lie.
Lad: Are you sure?
Mom: Yes, honey.
Lad: [Barely containing a cry] Did I like it?
Mom: You loved it!
Ok, now the lie is getting thick! We're out on a potential Limb of Betrayal. But he took a bite, anyway.
Lad: Mmm...this is good, mom.
I think perhaps we've learned the wrong lesson from this experience.

Technorati tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger Namaste Librarian said...

GADS -- what ARE you doing to this beautiful boy?!?

7:39 AM  
Blogger EB said...

What, you aren't lying to your child? Didn't you get the memo?

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home