$>

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My next campaign (Phillies) (That's baseball, kids.)

Tom G. and I have knocked heads over Phillies issues before. But he's got the right idea on his new campaign, so I'm throwing in my support for the Madson '06 campaign.

Frankly, I only care a little bit that Madson wants to start. Most pitchers want to start. What I care about is that Madson probably could start and be reasonably effective. 200 innings of above average pitching is worth *at least* twice as much as 100 innings of above average pitching. This one's a no-brainer. Which is to say, it's something that the knucle-heads who are career "baseball men" are likely to botch.

Madson


"I know there's a hole in the bullpen, but there's also a hole in the starting rotation...I don't think it should be held against me because I was used in the bullpen when I came up. If it was up to me, I'd start. But they'll make the decision."
~ Ryan Madson

[click here to get this code for your site]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home