$>

Sunday, October 16, 2005

My fear index defined

It is with an enormous amount of relish that I enjoy the continued sinking of the Santorum ship. And yet, despite my glee, there is still a sense of unease.
Sen. Santorum has a split 43 - 41 percent job approval, his lowest ever and down from a 51 - 35 percent approval rating July 13. Pennsylvania voters split 41 - 42 percent on whether he deserves to be reelected. Santorum's politics are "about right," 40 percent say, while 29 percent say he is "too conservative," and 9 percent say he is "too liberal." [Ed. emphasis mine]. (Source: 10/6/2005 Quinnipiac University Polling Results).
Now I know: 40% of Pennsylvanians frustrate me. But it's only 9% +/- who really scare the bejesus out of me.

Is that glass half-full or half-empty?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So, who do those 9% want to elect? Hitler? Maybe bring Stalin back?

8:20 PM  
Blogger EB said...

Apparently, it's the percentage of people who will only accept a Taliban-style theocracy.

How much you wanna bet, though, that one or two percent are people who just can't keep Santorum and Specter straight.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, you're probably right. I mean they are both white guys from Pennsylvania. ;)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home