$>

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Three Words That Best Describe Verizon: Stink, Stank, Stunk!

Been without land-line phone service since Wednesday. We had an "appointment" with Verizon was supposed to come on Friday (Friday!) to fix it. Nobody called. When we called, we were told, unapologetically, that somebody would come out this morning before noon. You can check your clock.

A call into customer service yields the chortled response from the man on the other end of the phone: "That's about the norm around here these days. Nobody has even looked at your ticket yet." When I tell him that's an obnoxious and unacceptable answer, and inist on the supervisor, he tells me that line's busy and hangs up on me.

Called back in and got a more reasonable person. The supervisor I spoke to regretfully informs me that the agents themselves can back out of the record of the call, so that she has no way of knowing who spoke to me before.

Guys, you're the phone company. Surely you know that the telecommunications industry has better ways of tracking quality of customer service.

And now, I find myself in another browser tab, researching my other phone service options.

3 Comments:

Blogger Namaste Librarian said...

OH! You know how I feel about this sort of thing. I shall resist despositing any sort of anti-phone company diatribe. You have my empathy and support. Not that either do anything to help this terrifically annoying and ridiculous situation.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I think RCN might work out in the burbs - at least, that's what Amy here in Woodlyn uses for both long distance and cable. Might want to check them out.

3:30 PM  
Blogger EB said...

Woodlyn, you say? So close, and yet, according to their site, they are not yet offering any service to my neighborhood.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home