$>

Thursday, December 15, 2005

In Defense of Voice Response Systems

Paul English's popular Cheat Sheet will provide you with the quickest routes to bypass voice response systems to speak to a human.

Funny thing is...I have no interest. Certainly, I have been caught in badly designed menu systems. But most of the time, I'm relieved not to have to talk to a person. For every excellent customer service person you talk to on the phone, there's another one who was born to drive you crazy. That's to say nothing of the hold queues. For things that follow a predicatable routine, such as checking a balance or refilling a prescription, I am comforted NOT to end up talking to somebody.

Surely, I'm in the minority on this, but I know I can't be alone. Can I get an "Amen?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Namaste Librarian said...

Amen! Bravo! I'm right there with you on this one.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen from me too. I hate talking to people. If I can send an email or fill out a form or something, I'm much happier.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home