$>

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Reason

A funny potty training story here--hopefully my last. If you're not into that sort of thing, feel free to move along.

This story involves a recent accident...except that it wasn't an accident. Almost all of the time, our son is doing a good job with getting to the potty. Every once in a while, though, he just seems to decide not to bother. When this happens, he goes somewhere where he thinks he can't be seen for a little privacy. Of course, he hasn't grasped that (a) we can also hear him (b) smell him, and (c) see him minutes later. I'm pretty sure he isn't that stressed about our reaction. It mostly seems that he doesn't want to bother with the hassle that comes from telling us that he needs to go.

You know where this is going. I heard him grunting the tell-tale grunt behind the couch. I inquired:

Me: Did you just go in your pants?
Boy: [Matter of fact] Yes.
Me: Didn't I just remind you to go potty a few minutes ago?
Boy: I couldn't do it, Daddy. The reason is...The reason is, I am tired. No that's not the reason, Daddy.
[Sees refrigerator] I was hungry. I need something to eat. No, that's not the reason. [Sees cup on the table] I was thirsty. No, that's not the reason I did it. Umm, the reason is...umm...umm...umm...
Daddy: Is it that you didn't want to tell me?
Boy: Yes. That's it! I was em-bah-wassed. I didn't want to tell you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Namaste Librarian said...

OMG! That's all. :)

5:41 AM  
Blogger EB said...

Note to self...this post should be deleted by the time he learns to read.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home